Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Poetry Cafe




Today at school Dayton's class hosted a poetry cafe for all their family members. Dayton even had the priveledge of being the emcee. We had cookies and hot cocoa and then they each read a poem they had written. I think we may just have the next Robert Frost on our hands. I have included one of Dayton's poems he wrote just in case their may be a publisher out there that sees great potential in his poetry skills and wants to sign him to a contract now while he is young.

Does play soccer
Amazing at baseball
Yes to hockey!
Thinks steak tastes good
Outstanding reader
Not a football player


by Dayton Smith






7 comments:

Brooke & Brian said...

Hooray for your blog!!! It looks awesome! I cannot wait to see more! Love you much Jules!

Amy Fink said...

I LOVE the blog, Julie! "Thinks steak tastes good!"...a priceless "Smith" comment! Thanks for sharing!

Megan said...

What a great site!! Such a wonderful place to share!! I can't wait to see more!! Maybe you will inspire me to do one of my own!! Take care!!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much Julie what a treat. I love my little guy in a white shirt and tie. I don't think he looks jewish.....do you? Thanks for the message yesterday, I had a great b day even if it was a bit one. Love Glenda.

Jami said...

YEA!! I'm so excited you started a blog! I love it!!! I love the pictures and everything you've put on here thus far can't wait to see more! And you're right I am smitten over the Smiths! :) Love ya!

soape said...

Hey Julie~You have such a beautiful family and love your blog. The scrapbook you made for my sister was such a hit at the party. The balloons making it to your house was my idea but the glitter was not. Hope you have a strong vacuum. Love you lots. Aunt B.

Unknown said...

Hi Smith family. I have to say the party was one of the highlights of my loooooooooong life. Julie the
scrapbook you made me is so special you will never know how much I love it. I think everyone that saw it wants one for them selves. I know it was made with love and that makes me very happy. I will talk to you soon. By the way if you want a sitter on valentines day call me. Love Glenda