Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Years Eve

It its a tradition at the Smith household to attend the Bulls game on New Years Eve and then skate with them after their game. We have been doing this for the past six years now and it has been so much fun! This year did not disappoint. We were fortunate enough to have Grandpa Dave and Grandma Diane join in our tradition this year. As an added bonus we were able to watch the game from the Bob Smith Motors Sky Box at the Metra. I will never forget Dawson skating around in all his party gear not caring how "dorky" he looked. I myself was shocked because he continues to tell me everyday he doesn't want to look like a dork wearing his winter coat. In his words he says, "Mom have you ever seen a hockey player wear a winter coat?" I am happy that he was confident enough to wear his "cool" party hat and mask and not think that he looked like a dork. I love all my boys no matter how dorky they can be sometimes and I look forward to a fabulous 2009! As a first we all made it to midnight and blew our horns and shook our noise makers. Next year we figured we might have a fireworks show!

Dayton and I almost to midnight!


You will be happy to know Grandma Diane did make it all the way to midnight even though this photo was taken at about 6:00 pm.


The boys in the sky box.


I don't think Dawson took off his party appareal all night. He was quite the life off the party.

No comments: